I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 9: I'm Hoping to Make This...

Years ago, when I was first married, my Mom and I took a class in tole painting. It was at a huge craft shop that used to be nearby. It had 4 floors of different types of projects: smocking and heirloom, wooden items, cross-stitch and needlework, knitting, painting, etc. It was awesome, but unfortunately went out of business after AC Moore and Michael's arrived. They can't hold a candle to that old store. It was where I found my first Sew Beautiful magazine when I was a teen!

This is one of the projects we did in the class. It is on slate and my Mom has the same one at her house. I love it!! So, anyway, I haven't done any tole painting since then, but I was thinking how nice it would be to make a little something for my Mom & Dad's beach house. I found the lighthouses pattern on ebay for $1. It is meant for glass ornaments, but I am thinking of a small wood plaque or Shaker box. Do you think it will come back to me??

1 comment:

Brenda Phillips said...

Yes, I am sure it will! Too bad the shop could not compete, but that's where the world has gone now. Just be happy that you had the experience and can enjoy from what you learned. They will be beautiful!

pinterest-dffa4.html