I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, December 11, 2015

Day 11: Christmas Movies to Watch



I start watching Christmas movies on November 1. I like to get inspired early to get my Christmas projects done. I also have a little TV by my sewing machine that only gets Netflix or DVDs. There are many classics you just can't miss, like "It's a Wonderful Life" "A Christmas Carol" in many versions, or "Miracle on 34th Street."

Image result for national lampoon's christmas vacationFor comedies, I can't get enough of "Christmas with the Kranks" or "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." I could probably write the script, I've seen these so many times.







For drama, don't miss "The Angel Doll" a total tear-jerker based on real events. Also, "An American Christmas Carol" is one my husband introduced me to. It takes place right here in Portsmouth, NH during the depression years.



There have been some great TV movies, too. "The Christmas Card" is a sweet love story. "Christmas Everyday" is a fun family movie about a boy who keeps repeating Christmas till he gets it right. (Pete's Christmas and the 12 Dates of Christmas are the same idea). "Switchmas" is a story about 2 boys who swap vacations.


Don't forget all the wonderful children's movies. You can't beat the old Christmas classics by Rankin-Bass. But have you seen the "Muppet Family Christmas" or "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol"?


Leave a comment and tell me your favorite Christmas movies- I need to try some new ones!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html