I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, December 3, 2015

25 Days of Christmas, Day 3: The Beauties Shirts

We had our pictures done yesterday and despite the difficulty of organizing 7 people with 2 outfits each, we did great! So, I'm going to hurry the shirts along a bit, since I have many other things to share, too!
Daughter Rose was the Hawaiian, "Mele Kalikimaka". She is my exotic, fun-loving, dancing girl, so this was a good match for her! I used a turquoise metallic thread and I LOVE the way it looks- it is much sparklier in person.
Daughter Katie was the French, "Joyeux Noel". She chose this one for herself and it works for her because she loves to bake like the French are known for and she has a "joyous" personality, too. Her thread is a purply-pink magenta which I thought looked nice with the turquoise, like the sisters in Frozen.
To complete the girls line-up, I was "Buon Natale". Well, hubby and I both have Italian ancestry, so I just couldn't leave this one out. I was down to German or Italian, so I chose based on that. In fact, my father-in-law was born in Italy and didn't move to America until he was 8. I am gold thread because I am the beloved of my children, "pure gold". Hubby only rates silver, as you will see tomorrow- LOL.
While all the "boys" had regular long-sleeve t-shirts, we girls had more tailored ladies cotton shirts from Walmart. They fit a ladies figure better and were requested by the beauties!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html