I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

25 Days of Christmas: Shirt for Andy

I have been making so many things for Christmas, Thanksgiving, gifts, and swaps that I am going to try to post every day from Dec 1-25.
This week, I will share the shirts I made for our family Christmas pictures, which are supposed to be tomorrow afternoon. When Andy was 1, I did themed shirts for the kids. Each shirt had a Santa letter to spell M E R R Y.
I thought about P E A C E or N O E L (plus a symbol for 5), but then I had a brainstorm. I would give each T-shirt "Merry Christmas" in a different language. First up, Andy's shirt: Feliz Navidad. This is a good match for Andy because he is my little dancing man. He has very dark brown eyes and curly brown hair and I can just picture him dancing and singing, "Feliz Navidad"!
I used my favorite new technique for embroidering words on t-shirts, which is to embroider on a woven fabric rectangle and stitch that to the shirt. I went with white for the shirts and the panels, so that the words are more noticeable.
The thread I used is amazing. It is a metallic Sulky machine embroidery thread. I got different colors, as you will see. It feels like dental floss and I thought it would be hard to sew, but I had no problems! The fonts I used are from Jolson's. The picture doesn't do justice to how sparkly this thread is. It almost looks like I did a really neat job with glitter glue!

Come back tomorrow to see Davy's Christmas shirt!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html