I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Vintage Puppy Romper

Today I'm sharing a little vintage inspiration. It's a romper embroidered with a puppy. The fabric feels like cotton broadcloth and the stitching is by machine, except the embroidery and buttonholes are done by hand. It appears to be home made and does not have a tag. The legs are loose (no elastic) and there are buttons at the crotch. I would guess this little romper is from the 1940's or 50's. What do you think?

2 comments:

Cat said...

Cute romper! I was going to ask what pattern--but I see it's a vintage "original." I found you through OFB.

Elisabeth Rose said...

Yes, this little romper is an oldie. I should have taken a picture of the back. It is cut in one piece, with a "faux" round yoke. The front actually has a separate yoke piece. Thanks for looking, Cat!

pinterest-dffa4.html