I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Embroidered Ornament

Here is my latest creative endeavor. The story starts when I had baby Andy 2 months ago. A friend I know "online" generously made him the most gorgeous tree ornament with his initials and birthdate as well as other beautiful embroideries on it. She had such a great reaction to her ornaments that she collaborated with a talented designer to make a set of machine embroidery designs to make similar ornaments. The designs are From the Needle of Anne and they are called Vintage Ornaments.

Well, the day these designs came out, I had to give it a try! I was just able to hoop all 4 panels on my 6x10 hoop.
Everything stitched in white is the blank design for the ornament. The rose is a freebie from Baby Petite by Artistic Designs at OPW. The monogram "C" is the Janet font from 8 Claws & a Paw. After stitching (23,000 stitches total), I cut apart the panels and machine stitched them together. It seemed a bit puckery, but after adding lace beading and tulle poufs, I am very happy with the way it turned out!

Linking to White Wednesday at Faded Charm.

6 comments:

sc said...

Beautiful, as I expected! Good job Lisa.

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa, Another beautiful work of art!!! Be sooooooo proud!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi, Your ornaments are just beautiful.. A monogram always makes everthing special :-)
Happy WW!
Bella

Rebecca said...

Very pretty-wonderful workmenship!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful. You are very talented. ~~Sherry~~

Virginia said...

Very,very beautiful!!
Blessings,
Virginia

pinterest-dffa4.html