I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Daygown Sew Along, week 3

also titled, "Sewing Sleeves". This week for the OFB Daygown Sew Along, our assignment was to stitch the pleats at the bottom of the sleeve and stitch the sleeves to the front and back with French seams. I realized that I made a mistake when I cut the front. I placed the fold on the view with gathers at the neck, which meant my front was way too wide. Luckily, I was able to re-cut the front correctly. Other than that, this week's assignment was easy-peasy. I made the sleeve pleats:
Then I stitched the sleeves to the front and back by hand, making tiny French seams:

It is really starting to look like a daygown. Here's how it looks from the back:
I was pretty happy when Katie looked at the seams and thought they were stitched by machine! I am enjoying this sew-along. For me, it has the 2 benefits of taking a class: it forces me to put aside the time to finish and I learn from a pro. I consider myself an experienced seamstress, yet there's always something to learn in any class. I hope Jeannie will consider a romper sew-along next!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html