I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ring "Bear" Pillow

Hi, today I am sharing a special creation. It's the ring bearer's pillow that I made for my wedding. My husband and I had asked my 2 nieces to be flower girls (I'll share their beautiful dresses another time). We asked his nephew (3 years old at the time) to be the ring bearer, but when they found out that I wanted him to wear a little button-on suit, they said "no". So, my little nephew, just 23 months old, was enlisted. He was very excited to act as the "ring BEAR" as he called it. Our priest said, "he's too little. He'll never do it." But he was wrong. He slowly and adorably walked down the aisle carrying the little pillow to meet his Mom, who was waiting in the front pew with M&Ms.

The pillow is made of silk batiste with French laces. I did a little hand embroidery in the corners and tied the rings in the middle with ribbon. I am linking to White Wednesday at Faded Charm.


You have until Friday to enter my giveaway; see my previous post!

5 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

Cute little boy. And he looks quite proud to be the Ring Bear!!

Rebecca said...

What a sweet little ring bearer! Happy WW

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

How Sweet ~ What a Great Job he did as Your Ring Bear....

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful pillow and adorable ring "bear". ~~Sherry~~

Anonymous said...

Well, that's just adorable! Love the pillow and the awesome little guy holding it! This is the sweetest picture I've seen in a long time...so glad I stopped by to visit.

Lynette

pinterest-dffa4.html