I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, July 30, 2018

Watermelon Smocked Bloomers

Here is the third pair of little smocked bloomers. This is a fun one made from novelty watermelon fabrics.

I bought these fabrics a few years ago in a quilt shop and I didn't have a plan for them. When I was trying to do something fun with the bloomers, I thought how cute it would be to do the ruffles from the "rind" fabric.

Both the waist ruffles and the bum ruffles are 1" wide "rind" with a narrow hem. I thought folded ruffles would be too thick. \
The smocking is black and has a few "hiccups" due to the fact that I smocked this in a dark roller skating rink while my boys were there with friends. It isn't noticeable though!

These are preemie size from Kathy Dykstra's Sweet Cheeks pattern. They are modeled on an 8lb reborn doll.

These are so summery! The next thing to figure out is what kind of a top would go well.


No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html