I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, July 16, 2018

Blanket & Bib Set for Baby Lincoln

One of our favorite teachers recently had her first grandbaby, a boy named Lincoln. I made a bib and blanket for him. Their nursery theme is elephants, so I chose some elephant fabrics and embroideries.
This is the yellow  long-sleeved newborn shirt that has a little embroidered elephant and the name.
The blanket is a soft flannel bordered with a beautiful seafoam flannel and the corner has "Lincoln" with an embroidered elephant.
I caused myself a hassle by choosing a directional print. I had to cut the square on the bias to make the elephants go the right way. I like to put the name in the corner so when you swaddle the baby, it shows.
Here's the little bib. It's a stretchy terrycloth and I just put a little gingham applique on it.

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html