I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Smocked Baby Bloomers


One of the smocking groups I am in has had several people making their own versions of these smocked "Spanish Jam Pants." Never one to miss out on something fun, I thought I'd join the #smockedjampantschallenge. This could go viral, I tell ya!

The back is not as full as the smocked front  and has an elastic casing with matches the height of the smocking on the front. Both have a small ruffle.

I drafted a one piece pattern so the only seams are the side seams, eliminating seams at crotch and center front/back. This means you don't have to pleat through any seams.


I smocked these at the pool yesterday, so made up a design suitable to run a ribbon through. I haven't done that yet, but the side bows are removable, so ribbon in the smocking would create a different look.

The fabric is a beautiful blue & orange Fabric Finders. The gingham is also 100% cotton. The gingham was used for bias casings at the legs and back waist as well as the "ties." These were very quick to make and a fun project. The next challenge will be to figure out a top that tucks in to showcase these adorable bloomers!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html