I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Diaper and Onesie Garland for Baby Shower

 This is one of the decorations I made for the baby shower I had last weekend. It looked fabulous on my mantel. We arranged the onesies and diapers on a string with tiny clothespins.

I digitized these myself! I found an outline of a onesie and old-fashioned diaper online, brought it into Embird, and made a redwork outline. I made a single stitch "pocket" for a tiny candy to slide in, too.
These are stitched on felt, but I added a layer of fabric on top for the onesies, so they would have cute prints. The outline is stitched on the top layer only, then the back is added to stitch the candy pocket.
  Not only were these a decoration, but we hid a sticker on one of the candies. At the end of the party, everyone chose one and the one with the sticker chose a prize! These were very quick to stitch and made a great decoration. I might try these with different themes (if I have time)- how cute would a garland of pumpkins for Halloween be? Or a garland of angels or trees for Christmas? I may put these for sale in my etsy shop- would there be any interest?




4 comments:

Kirstin @ Hello Kirsti said...

These are so cute and fun! Thanks for sharing!

Bobi Jensen said...

That is so so so cute! I'm going to pin it to remember later :)

Bobi
http://onedailymoneytip.blogspot.com

Donna Huisinga said...

Hi,
This caught my eye over at Sew Darn Craft Link Party. Very cute idea.

Jeannie B. said...

What a cute idea!

pinterest-dffa4.html