I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, May 7, 2012

What I'm Working On

Well, I've been super-busy and I don't know where the days go! I have done only a little bit of sewing. I still have to quilt and bind the boys' I-Spy Quilt, I have to make the apron for the Titanic Project, I was supposed to make a small raffle quilt for my Guild by Friday (but that's not going to happen!), and I also have to take care of my family and house! Here's what I have had time to do:
 This plaid is going to be a "Will" shirt with a bit of smocking at the center front. I did a simple geometric design because I like that for a boy. The plaid is a soft, Nashville Cotton. The navy faux-linen will be the pointed-front suspender shorts from the vintage Advance pattern. I have loved this pattern since I first saw it! It is going to be very easy to make. I must have bought yards of this fabric, because I made a Maggie's Classics double-breasted shortall for Davy when he was about 4 and I still have a lot left.
 I hemstitched around this flannel to make a blanket for a friend who is having a baby in December. We don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl, so I started with blue in case it's a boy, but I also have the same flannel in pink ready to crochet for a girl. I made up the edging pattern myself. I thought it looked good for a boy. This is the little bit I finished while we were on vacation last week.

This project is still in the planning stages. I wanted to do a simple 20s or 30s romper from a repro 30s print. There is a quilt shop near where we were on vacation and I chose this yellow bunny print while I was there. The brown is a Kona cotton. I might use the MP Dainty Designs pattern or one of my antique romper patterns. I'm not sure yet.
Proving that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, my Rosie made this cross-stitch for her Religious Ed teacher. She loves these little kits and has made about 6 of them. I think it looks very pretty!
Today was the 21st anniversary of my first date with my husband. We went out to dinner and saw Dances with Wolves. Gosh, it would probably take a week for me to make it through a 3-hour movie now! Anyway, it was very appropriate that this beautiful grandfather clock arrived today to mark the passage of time in our home. My husband has been with the same company since he graduated from college (though it has changed names 4 times!) and this is a loyalty gift from them. You can see Andy is very interested in how it works. My Dad built a clock very similar to this when I was little and I used to love pulling the weights to wind it and the chimes. It will be nice to hear the chimes ringing in our home! I hope you are all well and having some free time to work on fun projects.

2 comments:

Pam said...

What a cute picture of your son checking that clock out. :-) I love the fabric and patterns you chose for the rompers/baby blanket. And great job on the cross-stitch, Rosie! Thoughtful gifts!

Elisabeth Rose said...

Pam, thank you so much for all your nice comments. I thought it was cute how Andy was looking at the clock- he kept saying "man fix Daddy clock" (a clockmaker came tonight to set it up).

pinterest-dffa4.html