I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, July 31, 2015

Summer Seersucker Sun Suit!

This cute summer suit is for my little buddy Andrew, age 7 mos. I made the 9 mos size. The fabric is orange striped seersucker embroidered with owls. It was on sale awhile ago at fabric.com.

I worked carefully to be sure the owls were symmetrical, but I didn't account for the buttonholes falling right on 2 owls! It worked out, though.


The back has elastic at the waist and straps to go over the shoulders. It has elasticized legs and a snap bottom for diapers.

The whole thing only took about an hour to make, so it is a quick summer sew!

I haven't seen it on yet, but if I get pictures of the little cutie, I will share!


2 comments:

Donna said...

Very cute! What pattern did you use for this?

Elisabeth Rose said...

Hi Donna! It's a pattern here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/68328843/summer-bubble-girl-or-boy-pattern?ref=ss_listing

pinterest-dffa4.html