I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pink Gingham Bishop with Swiss Collar

I thought it would be fun to share something smocked today. This dress was Katie's 4th Birthday dress, but it would have been appropriate for Valentine's Day, too. 
The pattern is Chery Williams' Bishop and it's made from Imperial micro check and Swiss cotton embroidery for the collar and trim. The smocking pattern is just a simple design of diamonds that I made up. This dress looked really pretty on: I wish one of my girls were still little enough to model it! I did have their pictures taken in it, though. I'll have to see if I can scan one in. (Back in the day of  film!)




I am very happy that so many of you have entered the give away or become new followers!! If you haven't entered yet, see my previous post: you have until Saturday.

1 comment:

Sewconsult said...

Great job. I love doing bishops with overlays, but hated the pleating of them. Slow and easy after I basted the collar in place.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

pinterest-dffa4.html