I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Naptime 1940s Style

Naps (like youth) are wasted on the young. At my age, I really appreciate a good nap. It gives me energy to get through the day and still feel like doing things after dinner. My little Andy resists naps, but he is so cuddly and warm when he finally gives in. Here are 2 patterns from the 1940s that I think are just adorable!
This is what the well-dressed toddler wore to bed in 1944. I think these are the sweetest little jammies. I'm a real sucker for those little footed pants. Don't you love the embroidery? I always marvel how women in the "old days" found time to do such exquisite work with all the household demands of the time.


 Baby's favorite toy might have been made from this pattern. I'm not usually a fan of stuffed animals, but these are hard to resist. I like how they are positioned as if they are sleeping. I'd like to make one of these in a soft velour or cute 30s print.
I have some special vintage garments I want to show you, so come back soon.
I've had a lot of interest in the clothespin bag pattern: it's not to late to request yours!

1 comment:

Sewconsult said...

Thank you for becoming a follower to my blog tonight. I was certainly pleased to see someone new. I hope that I will be back to the sewing and embroidery world very soon. Love your "so cute' patterns posted today.
I have become a follower of yours, too, so I will be back.
Happy stitching!
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

pinterest-dffa4.html