I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Vintage Redwork Quilt Progress

It seems like I've been working on several projects lately and they are all almost done, but nothing is finished! The vintage children quilt is pieced. The next step is to add 2 borders: one narrow, one wider. Then I will layer it and ask my Mom to hand quilt it. I love the look of hand quilting, but not the time it takes to do it! My Mom doesn't like piecing, but she likes to have quilting to work on while she watches TV, so it is a great partnership.
The pieced sections are just simple strips, but I love how it came together. I think the borders will look great. (Ignore the wrinkles- it was shoved in a tote yesterday for my Guild meeting.) Summer has been wonderful, but I haven't had much free time to sew. I finished everything but the smocking on the Corey bubble, then I lost the smocking plate I was planning to use (Sea You Later). I think I'm going to use a sailboat instead. Tomorrow DH and I are going to see the last Harry Potter movie, so maybe I can do the smocking while we wait for the movie to start!

1 comment:

Lois said...

Elizabeth, I love the way it is coming along...love the redwork designs and love the fabrics you have chosen with the designs. I look forward to seeing it with the borders. Great job so far!!!

pinterest-dffa4.html