I started this little bubble in June, when Andy would have had all summer to look cute in it. I had the sewing done several weeks ago. I originally intended to smock a fish on the front, but I lost the smocking plate. I didn't want to buy a new one or smock something else, so I did nothing. Today I decided to just finish it, before Fall weather arrives and Andy can't wear it anymore!
I made up my own sailboat design and it looks OK. I wanted to use summer sherbet colors on this turquoise Imperial microcheck.
The pattern is Maja's Heirlooms Corey, size 18 months. I made it with no sleeve or collar, so I cut the armholes and neck 1/2" larger. The bias binding was made 1/2" wide on purpose to show off the diagonal pattern, which I like.
This is a perfect fit. The little bit of smocking gives it just enough fullness to look cute on a boy or a girl.
I made the long pants version of this pattern (Jordan) for Andy when he was tiny and I love that one, too. This is definitely a "classic" to make over and over. My next one will probably be a corduroy or denim long pants version for winter.
Now that this project is done, I can work on something new...or finish one of my many other UFOs!!