**At the end of this post is one of the Walmart photos of Andy in the vintage Madeira bubble.
I just finished Andy's birthday bubble! It was originally supposed to be for Easter, but I missed that deadline. It worked out perfectly, though, because now I am ready early for his first birthday.
Here's a view of the cuff and sleeve. I noticed that the sleeve piece was an inch wider than the cuff piece. There was no mention of gathers in the pattern directions, so this may have been a mistake. My friend Lillian suggested a little tailored pleat, which is what she did when she made this several years ago. I like pleats for boys, so that worked out well.
Finally, a close-up of the smocking. I ran into a few snafus here. The plaid is always tough to pleat without getting the secondary stripes, but I don't mind it too much. To avoid that, I would have had to pleat it by hand and I just didn't have the extra time. Also, somehow I smocked too close to the middle, so the smocking continues under the V, but I don't mind that either. Though the piping isn't perfect, I am satisfied with how it looks.
Please leave a comment and have a wonderful day, friends!