I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Piece of American Girl History



I was really excited to find this interesting lot of American Girl clothes on ebay a few years ago. It is a set of Felicity's clothing made by a lady who was a pattern tester for Pleasant Company. She made these from the test version of "Felicity's Pretty Clothes" patterns that they sold around 1990. Here is the letter they sent her:
Rita was the lady who stitched these. She must have followed the patterns exactly, putting much time into the little details like ruffles, pleats, even ruching on the Christmas dress. Look down further for pictures and descriptions of all the outfits. I am thrilled to have these lovely outfits as part of my American Girl collection. I hope you enjoy seeing them!

Felicity's Nightcap and Nightgown
Felicity's Chemise and Cap


This is Felicity's School Dress with a pleated skirt, jacket, cap, and purse.
This is Felicity's Christmas Dress, with a silk underskirt, overdress, 2 stomachers, and 2 caps.

This view shows the alternate stomacher and cap.

4 comments:

Janice said...

What a treasure these doll clothes are! Since my granddaughter got her first AG doll at Christmas, I have really become interested in sewing for her. Thanks for sharing these precious garments.
Janice

Elisabeth Rose said...

Janice, I bet you have the AG doll clothes patterns (as do I), but did you know they also sold girl-size patterns for a short time? I will feature those in a future post. They are really lovely- I especially love Samantha's "Meet Me" or Afternoon Tea Dress.

Jan M said...

What a sweet collection! I happened to be browsing a back issue of Sew Beautiful recently with an article on the matching doll and girl patterns,

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

These are just adorable! I can't wait until my granddaughter is old enough for her first AG doll!

pinterest-dffa4.html