I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Scalloped Rompers for Girls and Boys

This little side-scalloped romper is one of my favorites. As you will see, I have made it several times in both girl and boy versions. The pattern is Maggie's Classic's #110. She also has a pattern for a dress version. I think Maggie's patterns are an under-discovered treasure. Every one that I have tried, I have loved. The drawings don't do justice to the final product. She also has a wide variety of "basics" patterns that are a great place to start to draft your own designs.
So, these first pictures are sister rompers I made several years ago. So cute for pictures!
Keep reading for the boy's version!


Here's Andy in the blue version. All of these rompers are made from Imperial broadcloth with a tiny cotton trim. The scalloped front, tucks, collar, and cuffs give nice detail without any expense.


PEEK A BOO!
The back has a center pleat to give a little fullness in the diaper area and a belt with a button closure. Cute from front or back.

This is a quick, easy, elegant design for baby. I hope you enjoyed seeing it!

I was happy to see a new follower today; thank you to all of you who are reading, commenting, and following!

We are finally having some warmer weather here, which puts me in the mood for rompers, short pants, and bubbles! Back soon.

2 comments:

Goosegirl said...

I love these little rompers! They are so perfect and precious.

Janice said...

I, too, love this pattern and made it up for my granddaughter several years ago. Your boy version is so pristine and perfect. I LOVE it!

pinterest-dffa4.html