I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Baby Girl Onesie

I embellished this pink onesie for Rosie's dance teacher Kyla who is having a baby in a few weeks. Rosie had specific ideas about what to make. Kyla is fabulous: full of energy, always smiling, and a very talented dancer. She always wears a smiley t-shirt for the recital and stands in the wings to remind the girls to have fun and smile. Rosie thought her new baby needed a special shirt to attend the recital in June.
I have to admit that I always feel flattered when my kids ask me to make something for them. This project went very quickly. I used yellow poly/cotton broadcloth for the applique and a layer of interfacing behind it for stability. I embroidered on water soluble stabilizer, which is fine because the applique fabric won't stretch. The design is from Embroidery Designs.com.
We got some little matching pants and I put the smiley up high so that the pants wouldn't cover it.
Rosie's teacher loved it! It will be fun to see the baby in it at the recital.

I'm linking to Sew Darn Crafty at Sew Many Ways.

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html