I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

American Girl Smocked Dress

Hello Friends! Today I am sharing a smocked bishop dress that I made for my daughter's American Girl doll Nellie. I remember smocking this dress in the waiting room at the hospital. My Hubby had to have surgery for kidney stones and I knew I'd be a wreck, so I pleated 2 doll bishops to work on while waiting. Luckily, Hubby was fine and I ended up finishing both dresses. The fabric is a blue floral cotton trimmed with Swiss embroidery. I just zigzagged the trim over the gathered fabric without cutting away behind it on the sleeves. It still looks good, but it's sturdier than the traditional method. The dress opens all the way down the back and closes with soft velcro, for ease in doll dressing. We like to set up displays with our AG dolls. I think this dress will be nice for a Spring display, despite the snow that fell here yesterday!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html