I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cupcakes...made by Rosie

Rosie celebrated her 11th birthday with a rock climbing/ swimming party. She found this cute idea in a cookbook and thought it would be perfect to go with her theme. She made these on her own; I was at a quilt guild potluck, so she had the run of the kitchen. The cupcake above is the Rosie figure, but she made one for each kid at the party.
 Don't you love the candy bikinis? How about the tasty "donette" swim tubes?















Here's a picture of everyone. She spent about 5 hours making these, but it only took about 5 minutes to eat them! Training for future Thanksgiving dinners, perhaps?
After the party, 4 of my 5 kids (everyone except the baby) got strep throat. It has been quite a week! I'm trying to photograph some of my American Girl sewing to share with you. See you soon in Bloggerville.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

LOVE the cupcakes!!! Tell her she did a great job!!! I am all too familiar with the sick little ones. I hope yours feel better soon!!!

Deb said...

Those cupcakes are amazing. What an incredible job your daughter did did creating them all.
Happy Birthday Rosie ... you are a very talented girl!!!

pinterest-dffa4.html