I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, November 19, 2010

We Interrupt This Blog...

due to technical difficulties.
Mine will be this organized for about 10 minutes.
This week has been interesting, shall we say, and rather expensive. Last Thursday (8 days ago and counting) my refrigerator stopped refrigerating. I had to wait until Tuesday for a repairman. He said it wasn't worth fixing, since it is 8 years old and has had 4 major repairs already. Geez, they don't make 'em like they used to. My Mom and Dad had one fridge from the time I was born till after I got married! Try to imagine packing lunches for school and cooking healthy dinners, for 7 people, with no fridge! So, we managed to find one at a pre-black-Friday sale at Home Depot (picture above). Apparently millions of other people did, too, since they can not deliver it until November 30! I am having my parents here for an early Thanksgiving on Sunday and have to bake dozens of cookies for my son's Team fundraiser today. So, I went out and bought a dorm-size fridge to get us by. It is actually very nice and holds just enough to squeak by.
On Sunday, our phone and internet lines went dead. We thought it might be due to some work we recently had done, but it turned out to be varmints chewing the wires down the road. My Monday post was published by my Mom at work- luckily I had it ready to go. I managed to post Tuesday and Wednesday. Then, on Wednesday afternoon, our computer bit the dust. It was running fine and just shut off. Now, it does nothing. You can't even turn it on. Hubby attached an old one we had in the basement, but I can't load any of my own pictures yet.
I wish this were my car!
Yesterday I stopped to schedule my car's inspection, due this month. As I drove away from the service station, my car started blinking out. It would just go dead for a second and then come back. The check engine and maintenance lights were flashing. Hubby is going to install a new battery. Arrrghhhh.
It has been a lesson in patience and appreciation. I kept thinking of the people of Haiti who would be happy to have a fridge or a car at all. These are such small things. My kids are safe and healthy and life is good this Thanksgiving week.

For all of you who wondered where your comments went, I did finally get to see them. I appreciate you leaving them and am happy to have a few new followers this week. Thank you!

Hopefully, I can figure out a way to post my next Christmas idea later today or tomorrow. See you then- if I don't fall and break my leg today!

7 comments:

Jan M said...

Oh, my! What a week. Hoping the gremlins are finished with their mischief and left for other spaces. May you have a wonderful weekend with only pleasant surprises!

Elisabeth Rose said...

Thank you, Jan! I hope so, too. Less than 2 years ago we lost power for 8 days, so this is not so bad in comparison. Have a great weekend yourself!

Jeannie B. said...

Sometimes you just have to walk away!! I am sure all will be uphill from here. Good luck.

Elisabeth Rose said...

Thanks, Jeannie,
I may well find myself walking away if my car decides to quit like the other things! Ha ha...I'll walk off all the turkey. As long as my sewing machine doesn't quit, life is good.

Elisabeth Rose said...

Thanks, Jeannie,
I may well find myself walking away if my car decides to quit like the other things! Ha ha...I'll walk off all the turkey. As long as my sewing machine doesn't quit, life is good.

Travel_with_a_purpose said...

What a miserable week -- but you have the right perspective. I hope things go better and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

It's a good thing you are staying reasonably cheery about all these breakdowns. I hope everything gets fixed and stays that way for a while.

pinterest-dffa4.html