I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Cute Patchwork Bibs & a Sneak Peek!


This was a quick project I did the other day just because...I thought it would be fun! I saw this idea on Pinterest (of course). I meant to take a picture of my huge scrap bag, but I forgot. It is a 4 gallon ziploc bag stuffed with strips and pieces. I had fun pulling out girl/boy scraps and cutting random pieces. I used a tiny rotary mat at my desk. I just cut random widths, then fit them together into rectangles and then stitched those together.
Then I layered it with batting and machine-quilted around each shape. Then I used a free online bib pattern to trace the shape, stitch around it, and cut out. I still need to finish them! I could either cut a backing and stitch around the edge and flip or I could bind them. I will probably do the easy way and just line them, then add a snap.

I have been digitizing embroideries like crazy this week. They will be in the shop this week and on sale!! Here is a sneak peek of one of them:


No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html