I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Wee Sleeper

 Yes, I'm still on my Wee Kick. We have a Smocking Guild meeting this Thursday and I want to turn in my Wee Care items for the year. I've been experimenting: wondering "what would parents want for their baby"? Many will love the fancy smocked gowns, but I think others would want something more simple- especially here in New England, where smocking is rather uncommon. I think some Dads would rather have "pants" on their little boys.
This is a tiny knit sleeper, meant for 10-12" preemies, which would be about 24-26 weeks. Even comparing it to the glasses, I think you have to see it in person to realize how little it is. This is the back- see how the feet are formed- that wasn't easy.
The fabric is cotton knit and I added a little lamb embroidery from Blue Ribbon Baby. It is about an inch tall. The snaps are size 14.
There is a little hat with the suit. Isn't it cute- this took all of 5 minutes to make.

I purchased a new pattern, designed for 10-12" preemies or dolls. While I think it turned out well, the pattern left much to be desired. Until I hear back from the seller, I am not going to link to it. I will update later if I can recommend it.

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html