I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, October 23, 2015

Dibs are a Big Thing at our House!

 My kids call "Dibs" on their favorite chair, the last piece of cake, the front seat of the car, the TV, a cozy sweatshirt, going first at the dentist, even the bathroom! So, when I saw this new design at DigiStitches, I knew it would be perfect for my little boys!
Ready for Halloween with a week to spare: this must be a record! I had so much fun making these 2 shirts for Davy and Andy and coordinating pants for Andy.
Here is Davy's shirt- the 2 have slightly different color combinations. I stitched them on black twill and then sewed the square onto the knit shirts. This works great for me! When I am doing words, they invariably come out wavy on knit- no matter how well you stabilize and then the kids complain that it's scratchy on the back.
The design is from DigiStitches and it stitched beautifully.
Here are the shirts for big bro and little bro! I changed the green and purple colors and used a little spider face on Andy's lollipop. The green shirts were on clearance at Children's Place last Christmas for $2, but they worked out great for Halloween and I still have reds left for this Christmas!
Here are the coordinating pants for Andy. The corduroy has little pumpkins embroidered all over it. It is super soft and was on clearance at fabric.com last year. The pants have a knit waistband and are the Castaway Cargos from Peek a Boo. He wore this to Kindergarten yesterday and I'm sure he'll wear it for the Halloween party, too. Fall weather has arrived - do you see all the pretty leaves?




No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html