I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Spice Meadows Quilt by my Mom

A few years ago, I bought a quilt of the month kit for my Mom. It is called "Spice Meadows" and was available at JoAnn's.
My Mom has worked on it every so often and a year or so ago, she asked me to do the center applique for her. I did it by machine and you can see the result above. I used a machine blanket stitch to make it look prettier.
And here is the whole quilt! Isn't it lovely? The center medallion is surrounded by pieced blocks. I love the jewel colors! My Mom completed the top and will work on the hand quilting next. She likes to have a project to do on weekends.
She inspired me to pull out my bin of unfinished quilts and I have a lot of them! I will share them with you soon!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html