I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sew Alongs & Smocking!

 I've done 2 of Ellie Inspired's Sew Alongs recently. This "Best Friend's Dress" is made of very soft, floral corduroy. It is a size 3 with a ribbon casing at the waist. It is a super-quick sew with the dolman sleeves. I got some purple leggings to go under this.
 This smocking is for the current sew-along for the "Autumn Grace" pattern. It is a peasant dress with a smocked insert. I love the Oriental-looking flowers and the pink and red combo. The smocking was very quick and I like the addition of the ribbon. I'm hoping to construct this dress tomorrow.
 These adorable smocked inserts are CHEATERS! I bought them from Beaux and Belles online. I love, love the top one with the chickens (which you may remember we have as pets!). I am hoping to put it in some Jeffery overalls for Andy for Thanksgiving.
 I couldn't resist these ballerina inserts. Oh, Rosie would have loved these when she was little! I hope to turn one into a yoke dress for Ella sometime.
These florals are very pretty, too! I love adding these to my stash for when I want a smocked outfit without all the work! Back soon with more to show!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html