I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Baby Quilts

I did a quick baby quilt for a friend this week:
I originally thought the Irish Chain Quilt would be for her baby, but then I saw this jungle fabric, which matches her theme for this baby boy, due on Christmas! The 16-patches were part of a pre-sewn fabric at JoAnn's. I undid the seams to make it into blocks to alternate with the elephant fabric. It is flannels and minky. It has a bit of "wave" to it due to the pre-done patchwork, but I'm hoping I can figure out how to machine quilt it anyway.
I also finished the single Irish Chain quilt, which I am going to donate to my Quilt Guild's Comfort Quilt Closet.
Very bright and cheerful and all made from "stash"!

All 5 kids are back to school, so I now have 8 hours a week (pre-school hours) when I am alone! I hope to get a lot done!!
Right now I'm doing the Best Friends Dress Sew-along with Ellie Inspired, so I'll be back soon with pictures!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html