The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award." It's been fun to get to know some bloggers better and a great way to pass on the love.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Create 11 new questions for those you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs and link to them in your post.
11 Random Things About ME
1. I have only lived in 2 states. I was born and grew up in the same house my parents still live in. I moved one state away when I got married and still live there.
2. I met my husband through a Smocking Guild! Yes, I belonged to a wonderful Smocking Guild in High School and College and through a "friend of a friend of a friend" in my Guild, I was introduced to my husband. We met on a "blind date" and the girl who introduced us made 3 successful marriage matches, though she is now divorced.
3. My fifth child was born at the same hospital I was, on my half birthday!
4. My favorite TV shows are The Waltons, Wind at my Back, and other historical dramas. What's weird is, I also love Big Bang Theory and Criminal Minds. Big Bang Theory is so funny because hubby and oldest son are self-proclaimed Geeks and some of what Sheldon says sounds like them! Also, Leonard is a family name, so we love when Leonard says, "I hate my name. There's a -nerd in Leonard."
5. I collect sewing patterns: vintage and new. Of course, I fully intend to make all of them someday!
6.In an alternate universe, I could have been a nun. I went to a Catholic High School and with my ambition to have a large family, I was rather horrified when one of my teachers (a sister) told me "I always hoped you'd have a vocation."
7. I will have a son starting college the same year my little one is in preschool. It's really fun to have kids in a wide range of ages, because I get to do varied activities and meet more people.
8. I love living in a small town. We live in a town of population 4,000 and it is wonderful. I know many of the families in town and if I don't know them directly, I probably know someone who does. We have no traffic lights! We have lots of wild animals and a big yard, yet can be at a Super Walmart in 15 minutes. It is the best of small-town life with the conveniences of a bigger city nearby.
9. I am a major chicken. I don't like heights, speed, dark, or being underwater. But when Davy was 4, a friend took us up in his 6-person plane and I thought it was fun!
10. I have made up "B" pet names for all my kids, without intending to: Biddles, Beckity, Bunolean, Budgie, and Bear (or Bug).
11. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up! I majored in Biology- can you believe that? But I started out in Early Childhood Education. My hobbies are sewing (of course), photography, historical fashion, and babies- so what job will I do someday when my kiddos grow up? I have several ideas: run a needlework/sewing-only consignment store, be a newborn photographer, a midwife, a teacher, run historical-themed birthday parties with costumes, or make special photography prop kits with vintage/handsewn items.
The 11 questions for me to answer:
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Sharing my creations and ideas with like-minded people who I may inspire as they inspire me.
2. What made you decided to start a blog?
I enjoyed other people's so much that I wanted to join it. It has been a great motivator to finish things so I can post them!
3. If you could live in any house where would it be located and what would it look like?
I love my house and where I live, so I probably wouldn't change much. If I had to move, it would be to Amish Country in PA. The house would be a huge farmhouse with antique style, but brand-new conveniences. It would have a porch, lots of windows, fireplaces, and lots of closets!
4. Give yourself job descriptions to describe your day to day tasks.?
Mother, Teacher, Chef, Personal Shopper, Seamstress, Bus Driver, Head Office Scheduler, Nurse, and
5. What is your favorite thing that you have ever blogged about?
The Christening Gown I recently made.
6. Second Honeymoon, where would you go (first if you haven't gone on one yet)?
I would choose England or Prince Edward Island. Hubby would chose Hawaii (I don't like cliffs).
7. Greatest Blogging Strength.
Sharing Beautiful Creations
8. Greatest Blogging Weakness.
Posting as often as I'd like- taking pictures slows me down.
9. First 5 minutes of your day.
Bring the 2 little boys downstairs, brush my teeth, make coffee or tea, watch the news for a few minutes.
10. If you could meet one blogger who would it be?
11. One word to describe what you aspire to become?
11 Questions for my Tagged Bloggers:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What are your hobbies?
3. Your favorite place on earth?
4. What year would you like to visit for a week as a time-traveler?
5. If you didn't have the job you have, what would you want to do instead?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. What is your favorite period in fashion?
8. What is your favorite novel or series?
9. What famous person do you most admire?
10. What is your favorite restaurant?
11. If you are a crafter, what is your favorite thing you've ever made?
Blogs I'm Tagging for the Leibster Award:
1. Janice Ferguson Sews
2. California Stitching
3. Dorrell Delineations
4. Granny Lane Sewing
5. Jan's Smocking Blog
6. The Opulent Poppy
7. Shirley C
9. Sew Much to Give
10. Smock, Sew, & Be Merry
11. Karen's Butterflies & Fairies