I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ruffled Scarves for Winter!


 I first saw these ruffled scarves at a craft fair in December. My girls and I loved them and I figured they couldn't be too hard to make. I looked online and found directions. The yarn is a special one that's like net. I bought a few skeins and finished 3 of them the weekend before Christmas: one for Katie, one for Rosie, and one for my Mom. 
This one is Rosie's.

















This one is Katie's.
I made 2 of this one: one for Mom, one for my best friend Karen.
This one is for ME!
















 These are really fast to knit! The yarn is called "Sashay" and I bought mine at Walmart. It's about $5/skein. There are also other brands to make these ruffled scarves. My ecru one is from Starbella. You just cast on 6 stitches and knit every row till the skein is used up. They are about 64" long. The secret to the ruffling is that you knit by picking up 2 threads on the edge of the yarn. There are many online tutorials.

Next up this week, I will be sharing my first entries in the Project Run & Play Sew Along! It will be my first time participating and I'm very excited about it. I've planned my entries and started working on 2 of them.

2 comments:

Janice said...

These scarves intrigue me--they are just beautiful. If I weren't in the midst of baby sewing, I'd start one right now. You always give so much inspiration--sometimes, too much! I MUST hold back and stay focused.

Elisabeth Rose said...

Thanks, Janice! You add to my "to do" List all to often, too! I can't wait to hear the good news about your new granddaughter!!

pinterest-dffa4.html