I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I love finding vintage clothing that I recognize the pattern it came from! Tonight I'm sharing 2 really cute sunsuits and the patterns that some Mommy used to make them many years ago.
Here is a darling bunny romper. The face and bow are hand embroidered to make the bib of the sunsuit.
Here is the pattern it was made from. This pattern comes up for sale quite frequently and fetches a nice price. Even though it is common, its charm is universal and most pattern collectors want one of these! It also has a cute puppy option for the boys, though the bunny example above could certainly have been for a girl or a boy- it's hard to tell!
This sunsuit is so cute- I can just picture Junior going to the circus in this elephant outfit!

Here is the pattern for the elephant suit. This one is much more uncommon than the puppy/bunny one. I have only seen it for sale once and it was too expensive. Someday, I will probably find one.
These patterns were both made by McCall in the 1940s.
I have been working on a dress for Project Run & Play this week. I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html