I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Look What Followed Me Home!

My girls are bargain hunters, just like me. Late spring, summer, and fall are yard sale season around here. A few weeks ago, we attended an Estate Sale (where most of the contents of a house are for sale) run by a lady who does this for a business. I signed up for her emails and now I get advance notice of her sales. There was one near us this morning and it said they had "sewing items" so I thought we'd check it out.
I was hoping to find some patterns or books, maybe a little fabric, but look what followed me home instead!
 It's a "Modern" Standard Electric Syncomatic Sewing Machine. I didn't know if it worked when we bought it, but I hoped it would. I plugged it in and the light came on, but the knee-pressed pedal didn't do anything. Boo hoo.
Then I tightened all the plugs inside and it worked!!
 It took a long time for me to figure out how to thread it.
 It came with this nice little table with a pull-out drawer.
Here is the stitching, which is quite nice! It goes forward and backward and you can adjust the stitch length. That's all it does!!
I can't find a date on it at all, but I'm guessing the 1930s from the style? What do you think? Would you have paid $30 for it?? I am happy with this great deal!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cool Machine, I would definitely pay 30 bucks for that machine. Have fun with it.

Susan said...

I just spent the best part of this Sunday reading your blog start to finish. Or I should say finish to start. You are one talented lady and your love of vintage shines through every post. Thank you for all the vintage goodies and peeks at your accomplished sewing. Susan VH

Elisabeth Rose said...

Susan, thank you for such a lovely compliment! I'm pretty sure not even my hubby or Mom have read my blog from finish to start!! I'm glad you liked what you saw- back tomorrow with more. I'm so glad you found me.

Jan said...

For $30? Yeah! What a steal! You lucky dog you!

suziwong said...

what a bargain! fabulous looking class 15 machine - love it.

pinterest-dffa4.html