I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We Survived Snowtober!!

The view driving down the main road.
We had a record-breaking snowstorm here last weekend. It started snowing Saturday afternoon and was very heavy all night. We lost power Saturday afternoon and got it back yesterday. Our DSL and cable came back last night. This is the third storm with heavy damage we've had since building this house 9 years ago. We lost power for 8 days in December of 2008 and for 3 days last spring. The difference this time is that we bought a generator! I feel so stupid for not doing it sooner. It was wonderful. Despite the power being out, we had heat, water, fridge, lights, even TV. I really wasn't expecting the power to come back for a week. My kids have been out of school all week. They have already called it off tomorrow (Thursday), but they will return on Friday. Most of the towns around here even had to postpone Halloween! We will be trick-or-treating on Saturday. I think we've already had our trick for this year!
This WAS a huge tree by our town hall.
These are trees along our driveway.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you a cute sock monkey hat I crocheted!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Thank heavens for generators! I'm glad you were safe and not powerless. Awful as the storm was, the pictures are lovely.

pinterest-dffa4.html