I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My 9 1/2 Hour Toddler Sweater

I think the snowstorm we had last week put me in the mood for some knitting and crocheting. After I made the Sock Monkey Hat, I found a free pattern for an easy Toddler Sweater. It's called the 7 Hour Toddler Sweater. Obviously, from my title, you can see that it took me a bit longer! This pattern is a variation of the popular 5 Hour Baby Sweater. The direcctions were great! I used one skein of Red Heart Fiesta yarn, which cost $4.50, so this is a really inexpensive sweater.

I love the denim blue with the flecks of brown, white, and red. I often have a hard time knitting to gauge, so I am very excited that this sweater is proportional and fits Andy beautifully! It just happens to look good with the puppy outfit Katie bought him last week. 

For my next projects, I am going to embellish some kitchen towels for Christmas gifts and crochet a longtail cap for Andy.

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html