I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Case for my Kindle

Hi! We are officially on summer vacation. We've already been to 2 birthday parties in 3 days and tomorrow we are having over 40 people here for an end-of-kindergarten party for Davy. Don't worry; the weather will be nice and we will be outside! Besides getting ready for the party today, I managed to get in a quick sewing project. 

I have been wanting to make a case for my Kindle since I got it for Christmas. It took me 6 months! This case was made "in the hoop" of my embroidery machine. The design is new from 5 Star Fonts. If you hurry, you can get it on sale, too! I liked this case because it was made in one hooping with no additional sewing. The design stitched perfectly and the PDF directions that come with it have tons of photos and are excellent. It even has a pocket inside to hold the charging cord, so it doesn't scratch your screen.
The cupcake fabric I used is very special. Davy chose it for me as a Mother's Day present! I always say that my motto is: "Snack. Nap. Read." Now I can bring my Kindle with me in style.
I'm working on smocking the "Corey" bubble for Andy. I hope to finish it and some red/white/blue shirts for the kids before Thursday. Oh, it is so nice to be on summer vacation! I hope you and your kids/grandkids are enjoying it, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there seams showing on the inside?

Elisabeth Rose said...

Hi, Yes, the one main seam around the inside does show. It is trimmed narrow and doesn't look bad. There is also a pocket inside which is of pretty fabric, so it does look good. Thanks for your question!

pinterest-dffa4.html