I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Virtuous Woman...

This beautiful cross-stitched sampler was made by my talented Mom. Of course, there is a story behind it. When I was 16, my older brother married a girl from a small town in Pennsylvania. A lady from her church stitched this sampler for her as a wedding present. My Mom and I both thought it was beautiful and my Mom was able to find the pattern. Years later, she made it and I was the lucky recipient. I am a very traditional person and I try to embrace the ideals of Proverb 31. I don't always succeed...except this part, "she rises before the dawn". Uggh. I'll be glad when the sun is getting up before me again! I hope you enjoyed seeing this sampler and I am going to try to live up to its message in 2011!
In case you are feeling inspired to be a Virtuous Woman, too, here's a link to the downloadable pattern for this sampler: Virtuous Woman Sampler Pattern.

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html