I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Valentine Quilted Table Topper

I got a new kitchen set, which I will share soon. Since then, I've wanted to make a table topper to make it festive. I didn't have time for Christmas, but I found a quick idea for Valentine's Day.
This table topper is easily made by sewing strips together in a long piece, then cutting 60 degree triangles from it and flipping every other one so they form a hexagon. I didn't take pictures of the process. I like how both pink rows matched up with themselves to form rings.
It makes the kitchen look very festive! I was afraid the pink and red would look funny, since those colors aren't in the kitchen, but it looks great!
I didn't have any batting on hand, so I used a piece of white flannel instead and I like it. It has body without being fluffy, which is good if you are going to put dishes on it. I have not done the binding yet, because I only bought a little of each fabric and I don't have enough.
Here's a closer look at the fabrics and my free-motion meander quilting. It is great to practice on a small item like this. I'm not great at it, but I am pleased with the result. I had to use straight pins to baste it and I would just undo a small area, quilt it, then move to another area.


1 comment:

gardentilly said...

The table topper turned out cute

pinterest-dffa4.html