I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Treasure Pocket Dino T & Spock Coolness

This cool shirt was a fun sew. There was a sew-along at Huckleberries Fabrics on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to do it, but didn't have any knits. I found this cute dino fabric at Joann's. It looks rather "Jurassic Park"-ish to me. The fun thing about this pattern from Duck Butt Designs is, obviously, the treasure pocket! It is large and can hold all sorts of little boy or girl treasures.
It looks like it might be hard to sew, but it wasn't at all. I made faux double sleeves by folding a hem on the top sleeve  and using the coverstitch machine to stitch it to the green undersleeve. I love the look. I am having fun using my serger and cover-stitch!
I also made a t-shirt for Mr. Mommy's Apron Strings. He is a Star Trek and Star Wars fan. I found this Spock panel and stripe co-ordinate online.
I thought I was very clever to move the side seam to the front so that it wrapped around to the panel and didn't have a side seam under the arm. This made matching the stripes unnecessary! Hubby hasn't worn it yet, but I hope he will when it gets above 21 degrees again!!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html