I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Quilt Team, part 1

My Quilt Guild always has a fun challenge going on. Right now, we have a couple of things in the works. One of them is to join a "Quilt Team" of 3-6 people. Each team will work on a lap-size quilt to be raffled as a fund-raiser for our Guild. We have about 8-10 teams, so will be able to raffle that many quilts. It is nicer than one large quilt, because we should end up with a variety to appeal to everyone. My team's theme is "Scrappy". We chose a pattern called "Sandcastle".
Google Image Result for http://scoobagirl.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/20/100_3371.jpgThis is a picture I found online that is similar. We have 6 people in our group and each of us has to make 25 blocks. I was able to make all of my blocks from scraps. Honestly, I could make a bunch more without cutting into big pieces of fabric!
 Here are all of my blocks, laid together. We are going to mix them all up before we stitch any together. The strips in between the 4-patches are muslin.
Here's a close-up. Almost all of these fabrics are from other projects I made: a 40s dress for me, a challenge dress on Ellie Inspired, several quilts, a Kit Kittredge dress for Rosie, my Mom's clothespin bag, etc. I have some more fabrics I would like to include and I think we'll need more squares, so I will probably get the chance!
I have several challenge projects going on right now! One of them is participation in "Flip this Pattern" at Frances Suzanne. This month is featuring free patterns and I will be sharing a cute version of my free sunsuit pattern on Monday (16th). Come back to check it out!


No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html