I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, July 26, 2013

"Prince Andrew's" Smocked T-Yoke Romper

The birth of Prince George had me thinking about smocked bubbles this week. I hope to see lots of beautiful classic clothing on baby George. Today I am sharing this little smocked romper that I made for my little Prince Andrew before he was born.
The pattern is by Debbie Glenn, from her book: Victorian Treasures. I think you can order it from her website, Love & Stitches. Anyway, her version is a daygown. Here's her artistic rendition:

I enjoy the challenge of modifying a pattern and I thought this yoke would be adorable with romper bottoms.
I love the way the romper turned out! This is Prince Andrew's 2 month photo- seems like yesterday! The hardest part of this was the little T-tab on the yoke. Getting the piping to fit properly was hard. I used blue Imperial broadcloth, so this is an easy-care romper. It was intended to be newborn-size, but as so often happens, it fit at 2 months instead. 
Here's the full view. The sleeves are sweet with a little pleat at the bottom.
 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Lisa, that was a great idea to use the yoke with a romper bottom pattern piece. I love it!

pinterest-dffa4.html