I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

FREE Pattern: Timmy & Mary's Sunsuit!!



 I'm posting at A Jennuine Life: The Lost Arts of Sewing today. I tell you a bit about how ladies shopped for patterns back in the day and how the patterns were different from what we are used to. To celebrate my guest post (and because my baby is about to turn 3!!), I'm giving you another FREE pattern!

You are going to love this! It is easy, adorable, and can be embellished in so many ways!
This sunsuit has sizes 6 months to 3 years and thorough photo directions of each step. The shoulders tie, which means no buttons or zippers! There are snaps at the crotch, for quick changes. You can line it or bind the edges with bias. Both options are quick to make. There is no center front seam, so this is a great pattern for embroidery by hand or machine. It's super for featuring novelty prints, too!! The fit is loose and comfortable for hot summer days.

I am also giving you this cute puppy face machine embroidery design! It comes in 2 sizes for the 4x4 or 6x10 hoop. 

Just think of all that you could try on this pattern: ruffles, rick rack, lace, contrasting bias trim, add elastic to the legs, embroidery, trim on the leg openings. What will you try first?


















To get your free pattern, visit me on facebook. Just request to join my Mommy's Apron Strings Pattern Group and the files will be posted there later this morning. While you're there, "Like" Mommy's Apron Strings, if you want!

6 comments:

Karen said...

The sunsuit is adorable and it is so nice of you to offer it to everyone FREE. I am not on Facebook but I will ask my daughter to get the pattern for me. I can't wait to try it out! Thank you!

Xoxo Grandma said...

Love it, it looks so easy and so cute. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to say that this is the cutest sunsuit I have seen EVER!! You are very generous to be offering it for free! And wow 3 years-- My oldest will be 3 in November! It sure does fly-- I thought it was something that people just said!Take care- Chels

Elisabeth Rose said...

Thanks for the blogging love!
Chels, I will check out your blog and though it is shocking that my little one is 3, it is worse that my oldest will be 18 this summer!! Believe me, that has flown. I remember so clearly bringing him home from the hospital! If they could just stay little...

Christine said...

what an adorable pattern! I am so glad you visited my blog so that I could find your blog. I love your sewing.

Nan S. said...

I tried to join the pattern group on Facebook and it said it was closed. I would love the pattern for the sunsuit.

pinterest-dffa4.html