I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Special Sequined Stockings

 My Mom made these to pack some gifts in before mailing them. They are kits from Bucilla and are a lot of work! Many hours go into cutting and appliqueing all the little felt pieces. Then many sequins are hand-sewn on with a little bead to hold them.
 These sorts of kits have been made by Bucilla since the 1960s and are still very popular today.
 Here's some detail from the fisherman stocking. Notice the individual fish hanging from the border.
 I love this perfectly Christmasy vision of the Holy Family.
I had a very small part in this project by machine embroidering the names for my Mom. You can't tell that they aren't hand-stitched like the rest!
Are you working on your Christmas projects, too??

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html