I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Floral Raglan Dress with a 60's Vibe

 


I fell in love with Collar's Etc. Raglan Sleeve Dress pattern when it came out, but at $13.50 per size for the paper pattern, I did not buy it. Recently, the PDF version was released with all 5 sizes included, so I was happy. 

I made this size 2 from poly/cotton pique I found at Joann's. It was a hidden gem at about $4/yd. The floral is a recent find from Hobby Lobby, so this was all-around an inexpensive dress! 

I started by embroidering the flower on the front before construction. When it was done, I thought it looked wide/short to be hemmed and I also don't care for gathering and turning up a curved hem. So, I added some rick rack. Someday I might do something different, but it looks ok for now. I would like to make some bloomers from the floral to match, but haven't done so yet. The raglan sleeves are cut in 2 parts, to give a nice cap shape. Construction is easy and I really like the look of the finished dress. I substituted a ruffle for the included collar. Definitely something I would make again!!



No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html