I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Sunday, November 3, 2019

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

I did not skip Halloween and I am very excited about Thanksgiving! But have you noticed that the stores are already full-bore on to Christmas? I will admit I have watched a few Hallmark Christmas movies already and I may have played a few songs here and there. It is my way of getting things done early while it's still fun!
So, last year I planned to stitch this gorgeous Christmas Kitchen cross-stitch sampler, but I ran out of time. Yesterday I had some free time, so I tackled this 60,000 stitch project. It took about 2 hours.
This design has 10 different creams/tans/browns, which I didn't have, but I made do and I think it looks great! This stiched in my  6x10 hoop on white Aida cloth. I used both Robison-Anton rayon and polyester threads. That was the only way to have enough colors! I think I will frame this,  but I could also turn it into a quilted wall-hanging or pillow. I'm  not sure yet! What would you do to display it?

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html