I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, August 11, 2017

Dancing Chickens Dress


This fun smocked dress was an online class offered by Maggie Bunch. The pattern is called "Ode to Joy" and I liked the different neckline, which is elastic and doesn't need snaps or buttons. The dress was intended to teach matching border fabrics in a circle. I ordered this chicken print from fabric.com because I love chicken-y things since we have them for pets. I agonized way too much over the co-ordinate for the neckline, but I do love the red dot I chose.

Here's a better picture of the funky chickens. I'm not usually a fan of cartoony fabric, but this did strike my fancy.

The smocking is a simple scallop design. It is smocked front and back. I want to make some shorts or bloomers to go under this, but I haven't done it yet. We've been having way too much fun at the pool and lake to do much sewing. This is a size 3-4. I don't have a model for it, so it will be stored away with my other creations.

1 comment:

Donna said...

This is adorable! I love the way the neckline/sleeve coordinate brings out the border design.

pinterest-dffa4.html