I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Comforting Pillowcases

On Friday, I hosted a "Pillowcase Workshop" at my house. We are in the middle of strep throat, so it has been a bit busy here.
About 14 ladies from my Quilt Guild came and sewed. We made pillowcases for our Comfort Quilt Closet. These are destined to be used as wrappers for quilts presented to people.  Besides making a nice presentation, the pillowcases are useful, too.
We made them using the "Sausage" method wherein the cuff encases the seam, so it's nice and neat. Most of them have an accent strip, too. We had some fun novelty prints to work with. They are so  quick to make, I think I should make some for my own family! We actually will end up with more than 20, because people brought some home to work on, too.

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html