I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Goodies for the Girls

My last post described the quilt top we worked on at the retreat. I made a bunch of mug rugs as thank yous for everyone who made quilt blocks. I also found some little seam guages on sale at fabric.com to add.
I used sewing-themed fabrics to do these. This cute dressform print was on clearance at Joann's. I liked it so much that I had to buy another yard after I used my initial bit.
This vintage pattern fabric is fun! I have a few of these with girls/ladies. I didn't get pictures of each mug rug, but the orange/turquoise/white fabric looked like ric rac to me. The mug rug designs were very simple and only took about 15 minutes each. I recently got a 5x7 hoop for my machine, so that saved a lot on stabilizer. I hope all the girls who got these are enjoying them!!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html